Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Tangible Adoption

“Beep Beep”

Mind recognized the new alert and hands reached the modern technology.

‘1 message received’

“gutten morning feeta, lovely weather, day’s kuttu blowin, gosho feel like kissin the daylite..love+concern+kicks+random kisses…hi~fi…stay the same…pooch pooch pooch ..muah..love u”



Once upon a time, these texts seemed Greek and Latin to me, fighting my word power to figure out what did the message signify? Over a period of time, I got habituated to these strange words. At that moment, I was remembered in somebody’s mind, to an extent where in waking up and starting the day seemed to be of secondary importance to her.

“Beep Beep”

“Beep Beep”

“Beep Beep”

My lethargic eyes couldn’t resist the early hours anymore and instantly shut its gate to the sunlight, for an extended sleep until the alarm went off - so started my day. The messages went unanswered and it was very well known to her that my morning was wrapped in a tight schedule until I sit in the bus heading miles away to the office.

At times, I stupidly laugh at myself of the morning schedule, somehow reminding me of that boring character from the movie “Dil Chahtha Hein” – who kept a tab on and recorded every minute of his lifetime. To get up at 6:30 am; switch on my favorite program – “Friends” – head to the ‘Lou Bega’ with paper in my hand – ease myself out – brush my teeth – and sit with a cup of Instant coffee in my bucket size blue mug watching the Friends and their timely stupidity. At 7:00 am; I go to iron my clothes and then head to bathe, followed by offering prayers to the Holy Mighty and then change into my neatly pressed clothes. Barely leaving any time for any other activities, knowing for obvious that if any time was wasted I would miss my bus and had to wreck my back traveling to the office – 40 kilometers away. Phew!

Knock Knock!!

As I got dressed, my mother would be waiting outside the bedroom door, knocking for the 3rd time, with breakfast in hand. Cup of cornflakes - soaked in ice cold milk, with black raisins, badam and a spoon of honey poured in, to add flavor to the flakes. This is when the game of cat and mouse begins; I find myself running around to find my pair of socks, body spray, hand kerchief, wallet, office I card, keys to my office drawers, mobile and my wrist watch. All this while, one would find my mom running behind my back, in the same pace so to get a chance and stuff the cornflakes into my mouth. Childish ways – so be it – but this is how I have my breakfast regularly – a practice since the time I remember, though the breakfast kept changing and off late settled to the cornflakes.

Heading out of the house, would start my jogging time, until I reached the bus stop. Sometimes I find it very difficult to understand as to why I don’t make an attempt to get up early. But there will be thousands of souls who would sync their thoughts with mine when it comes to the orgasmic pleasures of letting the alarm snooze for that last 10 minutes of sleep. Voila - Nothing like it!

On settling myself by the window seat, is when I take my mobile to read the messages received.

“4 messages received”

Amidst all her activities of getting up early like me and getting ready to college to be there by 8:00am, she still finds time to message. And I end up blaming my ‘hectic’ schedules not answering her message until I sit in the bus. Alas! Guilt trip! But it lasts only for fraction of seconds as I convince myself of how all fingers are not the same. It’s true when the wise man wrote – ‘Guys come up with unique ways to evade the guilt and being blamed at’

Last message read – “ feeta – mam’s come and she is boring the hell outta me – it’l be difficult to msg – cya later – will get back once she’s gone…u rock..stay the same..gosho..ur so adorable..stay the same..hi~fi…pooch pooch…..muah”

Gotta admit that display of affection is light years away from my existence, but somehow I started exploring the possibilities of confronting it – thanks to this lady who walked into my life couple of months back.

Hold on your wandering thoughts!!
She is not my girlfriend!
She is not my sweetheart!

Watching the world commuting outside the window by the seat, my mind zoomed in on the memory lane.

One evening, I was to meet a friend of mine in a mall to check in on one of the dance school – you know to learn those steps from Salsa – to woo the girls. Again remind yourself of the special emphasis to be given on the “Guys coming up with unique ways…” phrase – it will add its own magic here. He called up to check out, whether was it a nice idea to get a friend along as she was free that evening. Though lousy to admit of my stranger phobia – I gave a go ahead.

We met up outside the mall and unfortunately the dance school was closed that evening for some lame reason. Post the formal intros, we then headed off to a café to chat for a while. Since it was a weekend, I had earlier told my friend of hitting the pub in the evening for a drink or two. Everything seemed to go for a flop – ‘cos somewhere I still believed that the girls in this city were not as comfortable visiting the pubs as in the city where I spent a large part of my life at.

So we stood outside the café deciding what to do next. Somehow, I guess my friend realized that I wanted to head out for drinks – he spoke of his friend- kuttu’s drinking adventure. To which she jumped off her feet and pleaded to go the pub for a drink, ‘cos she would never get a chance – thanks to her parents.

Voila, what more can I ask for!! However I was warned of her eccentric mode post the drinks masking her senses.

In matter of 20 minutes we found ourselves browsing the drinks menu in the pub. Kuttu, went on deciding her drinks – starting with a shot of Tequila and then followed by rounds of white rum. I didn’t know what to make of it – the only thing that was lingering my mind was the warning my friend gave – ‘her eccentric mode’. But then I was least concerned about it – what mattered to me was to see the glasses being filled every time it was downed to its last sip.

Post the first Tequila shot – which was some sort of a grand ritual for the drinking cult – myself and my friend settled down with the scotch served on rocks. Kuttu was hyper enthu of her next round which she placed an order for – a round of white rum. My friend kept on warning kuttu to keep herself checked on the liquid intake. Just after 30 minutes, everything became very clear to me as to why my friend insisted on her eccentric mode. Phew, I realized it was her 2nd time of drinking in her lifetime, but she spoke of nothing less than a regular drinker. All my nasha went down the drain when it was time to hold her and get her on to the saner side. She was indeed in her best mode in terms of depicting every act of a drunkard’s behavior. We then became the center of attention when people started casting their eyes on our table. It was time to move out and how?? We were clueless! She could barely stand on her feet and all the time she kept on mumbling was – where’s my drink??? God was the only hope to save us off the situation.

It was the night of lots of “first times” in my life. Be it in terms of guarding my glass from a girls prying eyes – requesting the bartender to chase us out (enacting though so that she is convinced that we are being chased out because of her superficial act) – visiting the ladies rest room so that we can wash her face and pour some water on her head – to the disrespectful eyes of the guests waiting in the lounge. Man! that was night definitely to be remembered. We decided to force her to normalcy before she heads back home. The worst was yet to come when I was told of her father being not less than Ambrish puri in DDLJ in terms of raising his kids. I froze and my mind failed to switch on its regular course of action. The only option left to us was to make her act normal. We decided to leave the bikes in the pub and caught an auto and headed to my home – the last resort before my mind stopped working. I called up my mom and told her off the situation and as usual she was being very co-operative. One of the first timers again in my life was when I decided to brush her teeth so that her dad does not smell anything fishy for the night.

Wiseman had penned down earlier – “situations makes a man act anything out of his normalcy”. Indeed, there was no better a situation for this phrase in my life.

Thankfully, God was with us and we safely dropped her back home and she headed off to sleep without speaking a word.

The next morning –

“Beep Beep”

For obvious reasons my eyes opened to see the clock striking 11:00 am. Hands scouted for the mobile and read -

“1 message received” – a message of how miserable she felt and of how grateful she was to meet a stranger who took good care of her during her elated feeling.

“Beep Beep”

We then hit off pretty well and started messaging each other to infinity. She spoke of how she respected me as a person and went on to reveal her teeny weeny crush on me.

Ha Ha Ha !

We met up few days later, when she had accompanied her soul mate to the same café where we were supposed to go to in our first meeting. After a hearty laugh on our drinking experience we then decided to head our respective home. While taking the bike out of the parking lot, I was embarrassed to the core to lip read her when she spoke to her soul mate of how cute I was. Though I am dark, I bet the public wouldn’t have failed to notice how pink I turned into off my embarrassment.

Logical reasoning – Firstly guys fail to react when they are complimented by girls. Secondly guys fail to understand as to how they are perceived to be termed as cute!!!

We have hardly met couple of times but we end messaging each other - atleast 30 – 40 msgs through out the day. I’m in a perpetual awe at her spark of energy any given point of time. She infects a high amount of happiness to anyone and imbibes the feeling of cherishing life in every small way – be it admiring the weather – be it enjoying the coffee – be it getting back home by the rick – or be it even meeting strangers on the road. She is full of life and definitely is one of those who come rarely in a person’s life.

To some extent, she taught me how to express feelings through messages – I wouldn’t have ever imagined saying something as beautiful as ‘muah’ to anyone – be it via messages or be it on the face. Now, it is one of the most commonly used words in my dictionary. I realized its one short lifetime – make the best of it by expressing oneself whole heartedly – as good as a child confronting his feelings.

She is one cute little girl that I couldn’t resist adopting her as a friend – yes she became my adoption –my very first time - for a lifetime.

Hold on!
She is not my girlfriend, but still she is my best girl friend!
She is not my sweetheart, but I still call her so almost everyday!
She is the only one whom I tell almost daily that I love her – but not in the typical way as one might see and perceive.

Sometimes, a relationship amongst genders need not necessarily mean to be that of a boyfriend / girlfriend, brother / sister, husband / wife, father / daughter, mother / son.

Sometimes, a relationship amongst genders become truly indefinable – like the way I have with her. Yes she is my adoption and my friend – in simple words – my adopted friend.

“Beep Beep”

“Beep Beep”

This moment, I am remembered in somebody’s mind, to an extent where in the breaks between the classes is a chance seen for her to catch up on me. And everything else seems to be of secondary importance to her.

“Beep Beep”

“7 messages received”

“Beep Beep”

“Beep Beep”

Note: for the benefit of the reader please note the meaning of the verbal usage.

gutten morning – good morning
feeta - friend
day’s kuttu blowin – day’s mind blowing
gosho – gosh
love+concern+kicks+random kisses – needless to say, however I still don’t know where does concern fit into the formulae. I never asked and she never told.
stay the same – come on you can get this one. It’s damn easy my friend.
pooch pooch pooch – a sort of kiss wherein you kiss yourself in the absence of the other one, just the same way the other person does right on your cheeks.
Muah – an expression of an imaginary chimpanzee pouting his lips in an attempt to kiss.
Hi~fi – an expression of achievement. The act embodies one hand of each person going high in the air and sort to clap one another in the mid air.
Love u – sometimes it’s the best to tell these words irrespective of the situation. I am an ardent fan of these words – thanks to feeta – that I now use it most commonly with the other words learnt due course – “muah! Love u, million hugs and kisses” the first 2 words being her contribution, rest being my attempt to be charming. I generally use this sentence on the girls I find fitting the bill (don bother asking me to explain this one). Sigh, however I have started to believe in the wiseman’s say – “Failure is the first step to success”

2 comments:

Dimple said...

That was sucha sweeeeet post ...i think it was one of ur best posts..i luvvvved it..m also light years away from being expressive about my feelings..i think i need classes from kittu...

Sudi said...

:) u remind me a lot of kuttu ( well assuming after reading ur blogs and the profile)...

nevertheless all of us are handicapped when it comes to expressing ...wat say?